Sunday 9 October 2011

Give it some lip.

“Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick” - Gwyneth Paltrow.



So no, I can’t afford a new outfit but I can stretch to a new lipstick. And I reckon so can you. But make it a bright, bold one. What began as a bit of a guilty pleasure or a desire to make a statement has become part of my everyday wear. I’m turning into my Mother, who never gets dry lips because she wears lipstick every single day and has done for many a year. 


Here’s a Mother Daughter lipstick moment for you. My first lipstick was a gorgeous Coral colour called Gay Geranium by No7 and I as I popped it in Mother’s basket she says with fondness “Gina, that was my choice of lipstick in the 80s!” ”Well, I never!” I replied. But isn’t that just super?


I wear lipstick to work at the theatre for every bar shift. When you are limited to what you can wear it is hard to maintain a unique look, I use bright lipstick to communicate to the luvvies that I, too, am an extrovert. Oh and that I’ve been up since 6am LOOK AT MY LIPS NOT MY EYES THANK YOU PLEASE.


My over-arching point here is that lipstick transforms an outfit for a fraction of the cost of well, a new outfit.


Make like Temperly and go Orange:



Katy Perry has always nailed Hot Fuschia 



And who better than Dita to demonstrate the classic red lip.




Please don’t be afraid to experiment! I hope you won’t regret it. 



Keep Tabs


G

No comments:

Post a Comment