Tuesday 24 April 2012

Dressing Up Box

Too often my housemate Lucy and I find ourselves in pyjamas on the sofa chilling with the boys. Now, as much as we love the other housemates and various terrible yet brilliant reality TV shows, we thought we'd treat ourselves to a mid week cocktail at The Forum.

I'd just been for my first run as part of Sheffield Running Club and I felt incredible afterwards, I never knew 6 miles could feel so easy! The serotonin had a fabulous effect on me and I was dancing like a dweeb in my car along to The Black Keys. Anyway. I've been wanting to get all dressed up for a while, so here we go - oh but please excuse the flash accentuating my rather large behind...










Dress: Pearl Lowe for Peacocks
Mink: eBay
Shoes: Primark
Hat: eBay
Earrings: Topshop

This evening raised a slight issue for me though. I immediately narrowed my options for cocktail venues. "Well, I can't go to XYZ looking like this." I said. Do you ever become self conscious about your strong vintage (or other)  outfits and styling? I never really have before, but I struggled a little tonight. Perhaps it was because I felt I was showing up Lucy who was looking pretty cool and casual in high waisted denim. Hmm. Food for thought. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment