Tuesday 22 November 2011

I WISH: SPARKLY SHIMMERY SHINY SEQUINS

Hurrah! Christmas is upon us (nearly) and I want sequins and I want metallic leather and I want glitter shoes and I want want want. It’s unlikely I will be able to afford any but I want to share my favourite party goods with you…


 


                       Â

River Island


    


Topshop



And who, but M&S have cottoned on to Prada’s giant sequin gem of an idea (see below)?!


                             Â

                  Â

        OH MIU MIU!!!!!



This French Connection dress is ICONIC now. Grab it in gold too.



Wear this River Island gold leather skirt with basic jersey pieces and knitwear to keep the focus all on the glitz. Plus it’s a different take on the usual party glam wear. I love this. 


If you’re strapped for cash as I am (as you know) then look in Vintage shops, charity shops and eBay for sequinned and beaded tunic dress not unlike this one that is currently on ebay - ooh correction-sold on eBay for £20. Seems alot but these dresses are usually a great fit on all body shapes. Even me with my big boobs…unless you read my earlier post about quite literally bursting out of one of these dresses…!


        



Get sparkly and get creative with how to you style your sequins. Think knitwear, opaques, black leather and grey and white jersey basics. And heels. You can sit down after you’ve made your grand entrance. Honest. 


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment