Friday 24 February 2012

Mismatch-y Mismatch-y

With prints littering the catwalks at London Fashion Week I cannot wait for payday because I want to invest in some serious mis-matching prints. Now I'm new to keeping a keen eye on fashion week, but I loved what was coming out of the S/S12 collections that I thought keeping tabs on London Fashion week would offer up some exciting ideas for my eyes to eat up.

Now firmly established, Mary Katrantzou stunned me with her A/W collection. This collection certainly fits the description LFW gave her designs: " A hyperrealistic aesthetic, bold graphics..."






Taking a quick look back to S/S 12 (a look back?!) I also loved the Preen collection and the pastel geometric prints. Pastel enough for Spring but punchy enough to not wave a final farewell to neon and bold colours.



           


Understandably, the world of yester-year didn't immediately think that typewriters and mazes would make for pretty dresses so florals are often the go to print. Which is why I want a suit. Oh yes, you're talking to the girl who doesn't own trousers. Possibly this one from River Island...


And if you happen to have a 28 inch waist and £28, I don't see why you wouldn't want this dress. Pair with a clashing printed blazer (or if you're feeling clash shy, a fuchsia/coral/aqua cover up) and colour pop heels and this trend is nailed, non? Oh for a 28inch waist...


 £28 Beyond Retro


Talk about a load of ramble.
Oh well.
G x


No comments:

Post a Comment