Monday 24 December 2012

A ridiculous weekend

Once a year, a group of my friends gather in a remote cottage and bring lots of food, booze, pyjamas and pretty much turn off our phones and ago a little mad. And this year there was a hot tub.

But at some point in this past mini break we decided to dress up and look seriously swish. There was the loose theme of the 1920s but I'l be damned if I'm going to wear a flapper dress, these curves weren't made for that era! So here are the girls, Lydia, me, Annie, Revis and Kate. As you can see, black was the colour of choice, accidentally!

 I'm wearing a 70s black maxi that I got from Bang Bang Vintage, a mink fur stole I nabbed on eBay a while back, Wolf & Moon art deco inspired earrings and my Gok Wan glasses (I lost my contact lenses the night before, frustrating!). The show stopping dress Annie is wearing is from Mango and it looked absolutely stunning on her, she stole the show most definitely. Revis kept things simple and added a pretty headband as a nod to the era. Kate kept things 1920s in a beaded flapper and curled her short blonde bob. And naturally, we all went for a dark red lip.



But it wasn't just the girls who made an effort, oh no. The boys outnumbered us in both actual numbers and fancy dress points. Oh by the way, I have a boy now (go me!) and I pretty much dragged him along to this messy weekend, he's at the far right wearing some fabulous Dead Mens' Spex and now I've got my Gok Wans', we match. And I'm more than OK with that. But don't these guys look handsome? Such a sexy bunch of friends.





If you want to read more about Annie's style and how I look to her for style inspo you should check out this blog post I did about her a while ago. I wish she would blog too!






It then started to go a little down hill...but I'm saying no more than the following photos! 








No comments:

Post a Comment