Wednesday 31 October 2012

The Dressing Up Box

I've always liked to think I know what suits me and I've always been one to try and stand out and not be a slave to trends. But this eccentric wardrobe has recently diminished as has my confidence with style, fashion and clothes in general. Not so helpful when you write a fashion blog.

It was actually this post by Fleur De Guerre that got me thinking about my own style and who I was or who I was portraying. In fact, who was I even dressing for?

Often I feel I should be dressing like a 50s girl all of the time or I should be going authentically 60s but the beauty of vintage to me is the vast array of styles on offer to us in the 21st century. And then, one of the traders at The Vintage Fair turned round to me at the weekend and said "You're always changing aren't you?" and it all fell into place. If I want to go all out 40s, I can. If I want to look like I've just walked out of Topshop, I can. My wardrobe is a dressing up box and it's about time I just got over this preoccupation with should and just wear exactly what I bloody well want to.

 So I've attached some of my favourite outfits from this blog to prove all of the above. Hell. I think I look good in any era. 














No comments:

Post a Comment